I have always loved to bridge unusual fields, including networks, data science, and other areas that required leading innovation. Leadership and strategy in soccer games has been one, working with F.C. Barcelona technical team (including the legendary Paco Seirulo) to design new soccer game tactics using data science and AI. More at Soccer Science Lab.
with F.C. Barcelona president (Sandro Rosell), and F.C. Barcelona chief of innovation (Didac Lee).
“Coaches and managers will never be replaced by computers, but computers will be able to help. They will help in ways we’ve never ever seen before.”
- MIT Technology Review: How Network Theory Is Revealing Previously Unknown Patterns in Sports link -The Economist: A different ball game link
- BBC: FC Barcelona: The science behind their success link
- New Scientist: AI football manager knows how different teams play the game link
- Lexpress: Le big data explique comment l’équipe de foot de Barcelone gagne ses matchs link
- PhysicsToday, News Picks : Network analysis reveals difference in soccer styles link
- NyTeknik: FC Barcelonas spelstil unik link
- Slate: Le FC Barcelone a bien un style de jeu unique en Europe: ces graphiques le prouvent link
- BigData: Fútbol y Data Mining link
- TechGraphs: Scientists Use Passing Data to Explain Barcelona’s Prowess link
- El Confidencial: La teoría de redes desvela los secretos del tiki-taka link
Food and Data Science
I have always loved to bridge unusual fields, including networks, data science, and...