Pablo Rodriguez is a computer scientist and the founding CEO of Alpha, Telefonica’s Moonshot innovation facility. He has created the company’s development of experimental moonshot projects to solve some of the biggest problems in society. You can get some more highlights here.
Support The Cheap Acheter Viagra En Ligne Livraison Rapide, This instant viagra online kaufen ohne rezept erfahrungen 🔥 name: 'Kitchn
| Up to 30% Off🔥 |. buy online without a doctor is prescription. ☀☀☀ Buy Original Cialis Online online ☀☀☀,best choice! 100% Secure and
| Discounts🔥 |. If you want to take care of your health. Bactrim Gravidanza Online ,Cannot Find low price Best pill?. Check More »
Desyrel Online Free, Back with ASP.net 1.1, if you set a connection string in your Web.config file, you could set it with something like this:
- Distinguished Alumni, Public University of Navarra, Sep 2016
- Telefonica Alpha to drive disruptive tech research and innovation
- Pablo Rodriguez, “Asturian of the month” January, 2016
- Pablo Rodriguez, director of the Center for R&D Telefonica receives Be Singular Award
- Digital Leadership Interview : Pablo Rodriguez, Director of Innovation at Telefonica
- elected IEEE Fellow and ACM Fellow, 2015
- Soccer and Science Lab with F.C. Barcelona
- Digital Food Lab with El Bulli Foundation
- P2P Windows Updates in Windows 10
- Multi-Context TLS (mcTLS) to incorporate trusted middleboxes
- Data Transparency Lab (DTL) to promote Web data transparency
- WIRED2014 talk on Soccer and Science
- TEDx talk on “The end of the Internet“, 2014
- Food and Data workshop, Computational Gastronomy, 2014
- Smart Tourism Report based on BigData for Barcelona and Madrid, 2013
- Organizing Hacking Bullipedia challenge
- Keynote speaker at the Internet Measurement Conference, IMC´13
- Cellebrating the 10th anniversary of the Telefonica R&D Barcelona Lab!
- Keynote speaker on Innovation at Tenera 2013 conference
- Keynote speaker “Re-architecting the Internet” panel, Infocom 2013
- Keynote speaker 1st “Internet Science Conference” 2013
- Keynote speaker at P2P conference
- Keynote speaker at the 40th anniversary of the Internet: IFIP TC6
- My TEDx talk is now online: My Data Soul
- Organizing 2021 Networking Summit focused on mobile computing.
- Next Things 2012: Telefonica R&D and LABoral launch a prize for the Internet of Things.
- Keynote talk on the Future of Data (FICOD)
- Gastrotech Days: First Food and Technology workshop by Telefonica R&D and ElBulli Foundation.
- FC Barca and Telefonica R&D sign a cooperation agreement.
- Telefonica R&D cellebrates this year three Sigcomm papers.
- Link to the Social Networks Round Table, organized by the Qatar Foundation.
- Scientific Council Member of IMDEA Networks
- I will be speaking at the Winter School for Hot Topics in Distributed Systems
- My Google Tech Talk on an Internet for Bulk Delivery… not communication (Video)
- Appearance at CNN Revealed: Telefonica R&D and Ferran Adria (El Bulli) (Video, Part II Min 6)
- Agreement with El BulliFoundation (the most creative restaurant in the world) (Video)
- Organizing the “2020 Networking Summit: Knitting the Internet ahead”
- My Columbia University winter semester course description is already up.
- Write-ups of several Sigcomm’09 sessions by student are online
- Keynote speaker WWW’09 Keynote speech are now online (Video, Slides)
- Keynote speaker Future Internet conference in Prague (Video)
- Advisory Board: Swiss Federal Institut of Technology, Computer Science Department, 2014
- Advisory Board: Akamai Technologies Innovation Board, 2014-
- Advisory Board: Calatan Foundation for Research and Innovation, Trustee board member, 2014-
- Advisory Board: LaBoral Art Center, Trustee board member, 2013-
- Advisory Board: Scientific Council of IMDEA Networks, 2011
- Advisor: Legal patent advisor, Madson & Metcalf, USA
- National Science Foundation: Future Internet design planning committee, NSF 2007-2008.
- Award: Distinguished Alumni, Public University of Navarra, 2016
- Award: IEEE Fellow, 2015
- Award: ACM Fellow, 2015
- Award: Telefonica Bravo award for best innovation practices (lean startup), 2013
- Award: City Hall Gold Award: recognition to scientific career, Ayuntamiento de Langreo, Asturias, 2007
- Award: Best Product idea: Inktomi, 2000
- Award:Prix de la Recherche: For outstanding Ph.D. Thesis. France, 2000
- Award:Marie Curie Fellow: European Commission, 1998.
- CEO: Head of long term research and innovation (Moonshots), Telefonica Alpha. 2016
- Innovation Director: Telefonica. 2011-2016
- Founding Scientific Director: Telefonica Research. 2006-2016
- Co-Founder: Data Transparency Lab. 2013-
- Scientific Advisor: F.C. Barcelona soccer club. Soccer, big data and science, Barcelona. 2011
- Scientific Advisor: El Bulli Foundation. computational gastronomy. Barcelona, 2011-
- Scientist: Microsoft Research, Cambridge 2002-2006
- Adjunct Professor: Columbia University, NYC. 2010-2012
- Senior Scientist, Tahoe Networks. CA, 2001
- Scientist, Bell Laboratories. NJ, 2001-2002
- Senior Scientist, Inktomi. CA, 2000
- Best Paper Award: ACM SIGCOMM/USENIX IMC’07, ACM SIGCOMM/USENIX IMC’13, WWW´05
- Steering Committee: IEEE/HotWeb, 2006-2015
- General Chair: ACM/SIGCOMM 2009
- General Chair: 2020 Networking Summit
- Associate Editor: IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN) 2006-2009
- Area Editor: ACM Computer Communications Review SIGCOMM/CCR, 2006-2008
- Editor: IEEE/JSAC special issue on P2P streaming 2007
- TPC Chair: ACM/SIGCOMM’08 workshop on Social Networks WOSN (WA)
- TPC Chair: ACM/SIGCOMM’07 workshop on P2P-TV (Japan).
- TPC Workshop Chair: for P2P streaming and IPTV, SIGCOMM’06 (Pisa).
- TPC Chair: 2nd Student Workshop at INFOCOM/2006 (Barcelona).
- TPC Chair: 2006 IEEE/Global Internet (in conjunction with INFOCOM/2006)
- TPC Chair: 10th Workshop on Web Content Caching and Distribution, 2005
- TPC member: WWW 2015, NetMob 2015, IMC 2014, IMC 2013, Hotnets 2012, SIGCOMM 2012, MOBISYS 2012, HotMobile 2012, FOCI 2011, IMC 2011, MOBISYS 2011, SIGCOMM 2010, HotMobile 2011, SIGCOMM 2009, NSDI 2008, IPTPS 2010, IPTPS 2009, WOSN 2008, 2009, IMC 2007, 2008, CONEXT 2007, 2008, Nossdav 2007, HotWeb 2006, 2008, Workshop on Web Content Caching and Distribution 2003, 2004, 2005, World Wide Web Conference 2005, 2006, 2010, IEEE/Infocom 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, IEEE/WiTMeMo 2005-2006, IEEE/Global Internet Symposium 2005, 2006, WiOpt 2005
- Keynote: “Re-architecting the Internet”, IEEE/Infocom 2013
- Keynote: ACM/Internet Measurement Conference, IMC, 2013
- Keynote: Terena, 2013
- Keynote: LeWeb, 2013
- Keynote: Network Science, 2013
- Keynote: Microsoft´s Innovation Outreach Program, 2013
- Keynote: IEEE/P2P conference, 2012
- Keynote: FICOD, 2012
- Keynote: 40th anniversary of the Internet: IFIP keynote with the fathers on the internet (Cerf, Pouzin) during the TC6 IFIP jubilee celebration, presented as the “young revolutionaire” along side the “gurus”
- Keynote: LADIS, 2010
- Keynote: World Wide Web Conference’09
- Keynote: Future of the Internet, 2009
- Speaker: MIT/EmTech, 2015
- Speaker: WIRED, 2014
- Speaker: TEDx, 2014
- Speaker: Computational Gastronomy, Royal Society, UK. 2014
- Speaker: Bankinter Foundation, Future Trends Forum, 2014.
- Speaker: ICC, Big Data, Madrid, 2014
- Speaker: MIT EmTech, 2013
- Speaker: TEDx, 2012
- Speaker: BDigital Global Congress, 2012
- Speaker: Smart City World Congress, 2012
- Speaker: GastroTech Days, 2011
- Speaker: Google TechTalk, Mountain View. 2011
- Speaker: Microsoft Research Speaker series, 2010
- Speaker: Distinguished speakers series, University of California, 200
- Best Papers: ACM SIGCOMM/USENIX IMC’07, ACM SIGCOMM/USENIX IMC’13
Pablo Rodriguez is the founding CEO of Alpha (Europe’s equivalent to Google [X]), the skunkworks Moonshot facility established by Telefonica to address some of the biggest problems in society by conceiving and delivering radical solutions using breakthrough technology. Such Moonshots include efforts in the areas of mental health, future of learning, AI economies, or distributed energy.
At Alpha, Pablo has orchestrated an ever-growing team of data scientists, developers, programmers, technologists, and business strategists, who work together on audacious projects on the edge of what is technically possible. Alpha’s Moonshots will affect hundreds of millions of people, create a positive societal impact, and have the potential to grow into billion Euro businesses. Alpha’s Moonshots are underpinned by an AI team driving trustworthy, ethical AI, and privacy preserving machine learning.
With over 15 years of experience, Pablo has worked in several Silicon Valley startups (Inktomi, the world´s largest search engine before Google; and Tahoe Networks, building the first routers for mobile networks).
He joined Microsoft Research in Cambridge in 2012, where he re-designed the Microsoft’s Windows Update to deliver security patches using peer-to-peer to more than 300 million computers (to be released as part of Windows 10). Prior to that, he worked at Bell-Labs in New Jersey where he developed highly engineered algorithms to accelerate Web performance over cellular networks which have been adopted world wide.
At Telefonica he launched its Video Content Delivery Network, which is now deployed over more than 100 data centers spread, 13 countries, and 40M subscribers, and streamed the London Olympics and Champions League in Europe and Latin America.
From 2010 to 2012 he was an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University (New York) at the department of computer science. Pablo received his PhD in Computer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) and an MSc in Computational physics from King´s College, London.
As a result of his work, Pablo has more than 150 scientific publications and 30 patents, which are widely recognized and referenced. He received numerous international awards for his work, including the IMC/ACM and WWW best paper award, and the “Prix de la Recherche” for innovation excellence in France. He has keynoted alongside the Internet pioneers regarding Future Internet architectures and has been a speaker at WIRED and various TEDx events.
He is on the advisory board of Akamai, EPFL, the Catalan Foundation for Research, LaBoral Art Center, and IMDEA Networks and co-founded the Data Transparency Lab. In prior positions, he worked on privacy and personal data, re-thinking the Internet ecosystem and the Web economics. He also worked with chef Ferran Adria (El Bulli) on computational gastronomy and with the F.C. Barcelona applying big data science to soccer.
Pablo’s latest book, ‘Artificial Intelligence: How the World (And Your Life) Will Change’, explores how advances in AI can and will combat Earth’s biggest challenges, including access to resources, natural catastrophes and climate change. The book is a journey through the history of data, and explores data’s function, mapping networks and profiling the gurus of big data.
Pablo is passionate about organisations coming together to solve humanity’s biggest problems, through technology. Using examples from Alpha and elsewhere in industry, Pablo demonstrates the value of moonshot thinking to unveil what he believes this will ultimately lead to: a world where ideas are a valued currency.
In his spare time Pablo enjoys playing the piano and is a genuine foodie. At his core, Pablo is an activist and a peer-progressive. He is also a regular Vipassana meditator.
Pablo is an IEEE Fellow and an ACM Fellow for outstanding contributions in Computer Science.
He was born in Asturias, a beautiful region in the north of Spain.
- Moonshots for Europe, 2018 [Davos]
- The artists and engineers designing our future, 2018 [New York Times]
- Telefonica’s moonshot unit emulates Alphabet’s X innovation lab, 2018 [Bloomberg]
- Shooting at the Moon, Collaborating with Entrepreneurs, 2018 [Forbes]
- Alpha, La Empresa que apunta a la Luna, 2018 [El Pais]
- Pablo Rodriguez, person of the moment, 2016 [El Mundo
- The future networks could be in the sky, 2016. [El Mundo]
- Pablo Rodriguez, receives two prestigious science awards in the USA, 2016 [Telefonica]
- The future technology speaks spanish, 2016 [La Razón]
- The brain who thinks 10 years into the future, 2016 [El Mundo]
- Radio Interview (Mas de Uno, Juan Ramon Lucas), 2016 [OndaCero]
- WIRED2014 on Soccer and Computers, 2014 [WIRED]
- Wired Magazine (BeWifi), 2014 [WIRED]
- La Contra, La Vanguardia. 2013
- Wired Magazine, 2013 [WIRED]
- MIT Technology Review, 2012 [MIT Tech Review]
- CNN Revealed, 2011 [CNN]
- MIT Technology Review, 2009 [MIT Tech Review]
- Slashdot, 2008 [Slashdot]
- El Pais (interview), 2006 [El Pais]
- QUO (interview), 2005 [QUO]
- El Mundo, 2005 [El Mundo]
- El Pais, 2005 [El Pais]
- CNET, 2005 [CNET]
- Forbes, 2005 [Forbes]
- BBC News, 2005 [BBC news]
- The Register, 2005 [The Register]
- SlashDot, 2005 [SlashDot]
- NewsFox, 2005 [NewsFox]
- La Repubblica, 2005 [La Repubblica]
- NewScientist, 2005 [New Scientist]
- MIT Technology Review, 2005 [html]
- Windows Ti Magazine [jpg1] [jpg2]
- PC World, 2005 [jpg]
- BBC News 2004, [BBC]
(projects evolution as a Sankey diagram.)
Pablo Rodriguez, Wikipedia Pablo Rodriguez is a computer scientist and...