Avalanche is the name of a proposed peer-to-peer (P2P) network created by Pablo Rodriguez and Christos Gkantsidis at Microsoft, which offers improved scalability and bandwidth efficiency compared to existing P2P systems. Now part of Microsoft Windows Updates.
- ACM Fellow for content distribution and P2P
- Windows 10, P2P Delivery Optimization
- Microsoft´s Avalanche; P2P File Swarming with Network Coding
- Read about Microsoft´s Avalanche in Wikipedia
- Bittorrent-style updates in Windows 10
- Microsoft’s P2P Avalanche, 2005
- Stanford Networking Seminar talk on P2P Windows Updates, 2005
- It´s Finantial Times, Network Financial Times, Microsoft Research talk (slides)
- Reading list on Adaptive Web Caching at Berkeley, ICIR (Sally Floyd)
- Telefonica CDN represents the next generation of Content Delivery Networks built upon Telefonica’s own technology that combines the efficiency of P2P and the traditional models of caching. Telefonica CDN is used to deliver Video and Live Streaming to millions today. More information on Telefonica´s Content Delivery network at
Soccer and Big Data
Other projects > Data Transparency Lab > Personal Data > Bullipedia:...